There are two categories of sports injury, acute traumatic injuries e.g. sprained ankle or calf tear and overuse injuries e.g. various types of tendonitis, Tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow and shoulder impingement.
At The Brookdale Clinic our experienced Physiotherapists can help you with problems in both these areas. We work closely with top orthopaedic surgeons and sports injury doctors.
- Rotator Cuff injuries
- Muscle ruptures
- Biceps tendon problems and SLAP tears
- Clavicle injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer's Elbow
- Olecranon Bursitis
- Rehabilitation post fracture or surgery
Wrist and hand
- Forearm problems in sport usually result from overload of the anchor points of the muscles which work the wrist and fingers
- Wrist injuries are common where gripping a racket or club is necessary often resulting in an overuse injury
- A fall during a game onto an outstretched hand can give rise to ligament damage or fracture
Pelvis- hip and groin
- Sporting hernias can present as a groin strain or transient pelvic pain
- Snapping Hip
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Adductor or groin strain
- Hamstring symptoms and rupture
- Trochanteric Bursitis
The most frequently injured joint in sports people because of the huge torsional strains it undergoes during activity.
Traumatic problems commonly are
- Cartliage (meniscal) tears
- Ligament sprain/rupture (commonly medial or anterior cruciate)
The fitter you are the less likely you are to injure.
Overuse problems commonly are
- Patella (kneecap) problems- dislocation and tracking
- Runner's Knee