Physiotherapy can be extremely valuable in the management of continence in all age groups. Treatments vary from pelvic floor muscle exercises, electro-stimulation, advice on fluid intake, bladder re-education and general lifestyle advice related to continence problems. Treatment can also assist with advice and exercises for women considering surgical intervention, for example prolapse, but who may wish to try the conservative route, in the first instance.
Pelvic floor exercises and advice can also assist in the treatments of erectile dysfunction following prostate surgery.
Physiotherapy works for stress incontinence. Click here for more information.
Over a lifetime 1 in 5 women will have some symptoms related to Obstetrics (childbearing) and Gynaecological problems.
Do you suffer from pregnancy related problems such as:
- Low back or pelvic pain in pregnancy
- Post natal low back or pelvic pain
- Swollen hands or feet
- Weak or separated stomach muscles
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Weak bladder
- Weak bowel
- Pain in the pelvic floor after delivery
Do you suffer from pelvic floor problems such as:
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Bulging dragging sensation in the vagina
- Leakage from the bladder with exertion
- Leakage from the bladder with urgency
- Lack of control of the back passage
Don’t suffer in silence — we can help.
Remember it may be embarrassing for you to talk about but these problems are normal and we are used to dealing with them and can help you with complete discretion, confidentiality and kindness.
What do I do now?
Call The Brookdale Clinic on 01565 651832 and book your initial consultation.